How To Apply For An FD Online and Offline?
To apply for a fixed deposit online, all you need to do is fill in your details on the relevant website forms. The procedure to open a fixed deposit account can be completed quickly, without performing any unnecessary legwork or visiting a bank or financial company in person. However, for those who prefer a more face-to-face application, it is also fairly simple to apply for a fixed deposit offline. Both online and offline procedures to open an FD have been designed with simplicity and effortlessness in mind to aid investors across the board.
Procedure For An Online Application for FD
Here is the procedure to apply for a fixed deposit account online:
- The first step is to log on to the website of the financial institution you wish to open an FD account with. Visit the website and download the online application form. This application consists of various sections. Ensure that you fill in all your details carefully.
- After you complete the online form, the next step is to save a copy on your computer in PDF format.
- Once you submit the form, a representative will get in touch with you to collect the necessary documentation such as your photos and IDs.
- Before the arrival of the representative, you will need to print out your form, affix photographs wherever required and sign the applicable fields. Along with that, you will also need to attach your KYC documents like ID proofs, address proofs, etc.
- After you have given your availability details, an official will arrive at your address and both verify and collect your documentation.
- After handing over the rest of the documents, all you have to do is submit the CTS compliant cheque with the amount you plan to invest as an FD.
- Your FD is now created!
Procedure For An Offline Application for FD
Many investors may find the offline procedures for application more suitable. Here are the steps to submit your offline application:
- The first step is getting the FD application form. You can visit your bank or financial company of choice and ask for the form.
- Fill in all the details under the relevant sections. Be cautious: read and understand all the sections clearly before filling it in.
- After you complete this, attach photos and sign wherever required.
- The list of what documents needed may be given to you verbally or in written formats. Make photocopies of all the relevant KYC documentation like address proof, identity proof, etc.
- Attach these documents to your application form and submit it at your nearest branch.
- Along with your complete application, do not forget to submit a cheque containing your FD amount.
That’s all that is required!
Avail a high-yielding FD scheme from Bajaj Finance now. With easy online application and offline application at over 200+ Bajaj Finance office across India, Bajaj Finance makes starting an FD account a breeze. Choose between a cumulative or non-cumulative FD to suit your requirements and calculate your returns using the convenient fixed deposit calculator.