How to renew your auto insurance policy
Car insurance renewal is something you should keep track of and do on a timely basis. This is because not renewing your policy will cause your insurance to get void. It will also take away all the financial cover that you have been enjoying thus far. As a result, you will be liable to pay for any expenses that accrue. Moreover, the biggest disadvantage is that your accumulated No Claim Bonus will be lost.
To avoid this from happening, make sure you renew your auto insurance policy on time. Here’s what you need to do:
- Track the renewal date
- Firstly, be aware of the expiry date. If you’re forgetful, set a reminder. It is important to keep a track of all these dates and perform renewal before the deadline.
- If you want to play it safe, you can also renew the policy around 45 days in advance. This will keep you protected against fluctuating rates and will ensure that you don’t miss the deadline.
- Compare insurance providers
- Instead of blindly renewing your policy, take a minute to compare other auto insurance policies. This will help you evaluate the coverage that is being offered against the premium you’re paying.
- Doing this will ensure that you enjoy maximum coverage by paying an affordable premium. With insurance providers listing all the details online, this step is easy to carry out too.
- Visit your insurer’s website
- Most insurance agencies give you the option to renew auto insurance online. This means that details of the date, forms and other information is available on the website itself.
- Log on to the website of your insurance agent and visit the policy renewal section.
- Apart from the date of renewal, here, you will also find important documents like the terms of renewal and the application form. You can then get started with the actual renewal process.
- Fill out the form and submit it
- Once you locate the application form, read it carefully and fill out your personal details, as well as the vehicle’s details. Now is a good time to ensure that your No Claim Bonus (NCB), if any, is being carried forward.
- After filling the form, submit it on the website itself. This will forward your application to the insurance representatives for review and verification.
- Review the policy and make the payment
- After you have submitted the form, the insurer will proceed with reviewing your documents. Once approved, you will be guided with regards to the payment formalities.
- Before you make the payment, take one last look at your policy. These policies are worded using technical language. So, if you have any doubts, now would be the best time to get them clarified.
- Complete the payment as soon as you can to avoid delays. Along with applying for auto insurance renewal, companies have also made it possible for you to pay for the renewal online.
- Preserve the e-slip that you receive on payment, as well as the detailed receipt that will be emailed to you. This might come in handy later on.
Since your insurance policy protects your automobile from damages of all kinds, it pays to renew your policy on time. This will assure continued coverage, without losing out on important features such as NCB. Furthermore, driving your car without insurance can land you in legal trouble. It will also put the financial load of repairs of damages directly on your income. To breathe easy, track your car or two wheeler insurance policy renewal and don’t leave it for the last minute!