Skip Manali, do Miami!
Miami is a great place to kick back, relax, enjoy great food as well as the beautiful beaches. The weather is warm and sunny for most of the year, and the beach is full of beach enthusiasts from all over the world. Don’t miss these 7 spots on your Miami vacation.
1. South Beach
This is the trendiest spot in Maimi. Almost like the Fifth Avenue of New York, except that the beautiful ocean surrounds it on both sides. There are cafes to laze around in, shopping centres as well as nightclubs to choose from. It is also possible to do walking tours through South Beach to explore this vibrant area in more depth.
2. Zoo Miami
This zoo has a reputation for being one of the best in the country. Because of Miami’s warmer climate, it hosts animals from other the tropical countries, and this sets it apart from other zoos in the country. For animal lovers, this zoo is a must-visit – all the animals are free-range and not confined to cages.
3. Key Biscayne
Referred to as “The Key”, this is the perfect getaway for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of urban life. Known for its seclusion and privacy, this island off the Florida mainland has untouched beaches as well as waterfalls. There are cycling routes for those who’d rather cycle around than sunbathe, and the park that is located at the end of the island, Crandon park, is great for holding picnics and summertime barbeques.
4. The Miami Beach Botanical Garden
Established more than 50 years ago, this botanical garden is not merely a showcase of flora, but also a hub of activity for the city. There are farmers’ markets held here, and daily aerobics and yoga classes as well. Being surrounded by an oasis of nature, it is also the perfect spot to head to for a morning run.
5. Bayside Marketplace
This is a popular shopping complex in Miami. It houses some of the more upscale brands under one roof in a beautiful environment. Even if you don’t want to shop, hang out at one of the many cafes and restaurants to soak in the vibe. There are also several venues in the marketplace that have artists performing throughout the year. Keep an eye out for this.
6. Holocaust Memorial
Created by the famous architect Kenneth Treister, the memorial is a poignant tribute to the atrocities of the holocaust. The walls of the memorial are inscribed with names of tens of thousands of victims. There is also a sculpture called “The Sculpture of Love and Anguish” which depicts both hope and despair.
7. Design District
This is home to some of the best creative minds in the country. Filled with workshops, art galleries and also design stores, this is a must-visit for those with a creative bend. The buildings are chic and playful and often housed in warehouse-like fronts.
If a financial crunch is getting in the way of your Miami holiday, you should consider a travel loan. Financial institutions like Bajaj Finserv provide vacation loans of up to Rs 25 lakh. These collateral-free, varied tenure loans are easy to get. There is simple online submission of forms in case of Bajaj Finserv. You can repay these loans as per your convenience via equated monthly instalments (EMIs).
Five things to Keep in Mind When Choosing a Travel Loan
- Check and compare the interest rates: Interest rates for travel loans vary from 11.99% to 24%. Research well and go for a travel loan with a lower rate of interest. This way, you can reduce your costs with the right travel loan.
- Look out for special discounts: Some lenders offer discounts on travel loans to certain customers. If you meet the preset conditions, you can enjoy discounts on your interest rate. For instance, if you are a teacher, some lenders may give you a 0.25% discount on the interest rates. So, ask your lender if you are eligible for a discount.
- Note the fine print: The processing fees and other details, like prepayment or foreclosure charges, differ from lender to lender. So, check these details before choosing the lender. Suppose you get a hefty bonus from your company and want to close the loan before the end of the tenure. Some lenders will then charge you a hefty fee. Other lenders, like Bajaj Finserv, will not charge you for prepayment or foreclosure.
- Opt for a short repayment tenure: Keep your repayment tenure as short as you can. Most lenders allow you to repay a travel loan in India within one to three years. But shorter repayment tenures help you to save on the interest. A typical loan for travel comes with a fairly high-interest rate. So, try to repay the loan as soon as possible.
- Choose between unsecured and secured travel loans: Most travel loans are unsecured. But some lenders offer secured loans against a collateral. In fact, you can save on interest rates by opting for a partly or fully secured travel loan. Collateral can help reduce the interest costs by 1.5% to 2%.
So, what are you waiting for? Your Miami vacation is calling!