Every gamer lives by the mantra ‘work hard, play harder’. But most have to cede controls sometime and go earn a living. How do they manage? By investing in a machine that unlocks the next level of performance at both work and out of it. The strategy is to be finicky about the tech specs and to err on the side of caution. Here is a look at the top 10 on our Diwali list:
1) Acer Predator 17 X: Think VR-ready performance, powerful speakers, a backlit keyboard, and a triple-fan cooling system. It has the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 graphics card and Intel Core i7-6820HK processor. Big performer.
2) Asus ROG GL552: ROG stands for Republic of Gamers. It has up to 2TB of hard drive storage and an optional up to 256GB M.2 solid-state disk (SSD). So, you can run any app or any game. The full HD display has matt finish eliminating glare.
3) Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15-inch: This one provides an immersive gaming experience. You get discrete graphics, optimised thermal cooling system, great surround sound, up to 16 GB RAM, and up to 1 TB storage. Make it do whatever you want.
4) Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series: This comes with 5th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, up to 16 GB RAM, and Intel® HD Graphics 4400. Need more reason? It has the optional 802.11ac Wi-Fi, to connect over a longer range, with faster download speeds.
5) MSI GT800 2QD Titan: This has a mechanical backlit keyboard, Intel Core i7-4720HQ processor with 16GB of RAM, and 1TB 7,200-rpm hard drive. Add to that a pair of Dynaudio speakers and a subwoofer. The coolest feature though is how the numpad turns digital at a touch.
6) Lenovo G70: This has a backlit AccuType keyboard and stylish design, hiccup-free Wi-Fi connectivity, and up to 1TB HDD or up to 1TB SSHD with 8GB SSD for faster load time. It is a great multi-tasker.
7) HP Omen: NVIDIA®GeForce® GTX™ 1070 graphics, fourth-generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor, HP Solid State drive, and an audio boost round off this spec sheet. Hardcore gamers will appreciate HP’s foray into gaming machines.
8) Alienware 17 R3 Notebook: This offers immersive VR, Tobii eye tracking, and a full HD non-glossy display. It is kitted out like a candy store on Halloween. Think hardware, apps, the works.
9) Toshiba Satellite C55 C5240: If you can ignore the finish, this is a great performer. Think 2.2GHz Intel Core i5-5200U processor, 8GB RAM, and a 1 TB 5,400RPM hard drive. It is the best gaming performer in the budget category.
10) Retina Display MacBook Pro: The top-of-the-line MacBook Pro comes kitted with powerful graphics cards to support 3D gaming. Pick up the 15-inch model if you must. But we would suggest waiting for the updated version of the Retina display MacBook Pro that launches this month.
First, look at what not to do. There is no need to bring out a credit card or dip into your savings. Next up? What should you watch out for? High interest, penalty on foreclosure, hidden costs like processing fees—these are red flags.
This is where a no-cost EMI Card comes into play. Take Bajaj Finserv’s EMI Card. It charges no interest, no processing fees, and no foreclosure penalty. Buy something, swipe your card, and pay off that exact amount in equated monthly instalments (EMIs). Choose the tenure, pay it all off early, track the details online, and save a bunch of money.
Look up Bajaj Finserv’s network of partner retail outlets this Diwali. Get an EMI Card with minimal documentation and zero fuss. Then start swiping! Yes, the card works on online purchases as well. Bajaj Finserv partners with Snapdeal, Amazon, and Flipkart.