The Comprehensive Care Plan: Your guard for hard times
The world grows more complex by the day and so do our lives. The number of things you need to insure yourself against goes up by the day. You have to have your property covered against damage. You need insurance against critical illnesses and accidents. You have to arrange money for your child’s education. And of course, you need to pay the premiums for all the covers. But then, what if you lost your job?
Sounds scary, right? So, what if there was a single plan that covered you against critical illnesses, accidents, damage to property, burglary, and even took care of your EMIs and your child’s education if you lost your job? Seems too good to be true? But that is exactly what Bajaj Allianz is offering with its Comprehensive Care Plan.
How it helps
The Comprehensive Care Plan is a package with many benefits. Apart from offering cover for critical illnesses, it also includes components like accident protection cover, EMI payment cover, a cover for damage to property resulting from fire or other perils and robbery. What’s more, if you have borrowed a loan, you are not the sole beneficiary. Your co-applicants will enjoy the same benefits under the plan.
Highlights of the plan
- Several critical illness covers are available in the market. But most of them mandate that once the insured is diagnosed with a critical illness, he/she has to survive 30 days to claim the benefits. This is not the case with the Bajaj Allianz Comprehensive Care Plan. There is no mandate for a survival period to claim the benefits under its critical illness cover.
- If the insured person meets with an accidental physical injury, his/her children will get education benefit of 3% of the sum insured or Rs 250,000, whichever is lower. This sum will be paid per dependent child up to the age of 21 years and studying at an accredited educational institution on the date the insured meets with the injury. At most, two children can enjoy this benefit.
- If the insured person loses his/her job, the EMI payment cover takes care of up to three EMIs for the loan during the policy period. This is applicable only to salaried persons.
- The plan covers residential buildings as well as its contents against natural calamities (such as fire, earthquake, flood, lightning, etc.) as well as man-made disasters (such as riots, strikes, burglaries, robberies, etc.).
- The plan also covers jewellery kept in the house against burglary and robbery.
- Applicants can choose a policy period of one to three years, depending on the need.
- The insured person can enjoy tax benefit on the premium under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act*.
Critical illness cover
Bajaj Allianz will make a one-time payment of the entire sum insured specified under the critical illness cover. It will make the payment if the insured person is diagnosed with the critical illness or if he/she undergoes any surgical procedure for the first time during the policy period. The coverage will be against the following:
Cancer of specified severity
Kidney failure needing regular dialysis
First heart attack of specified severity
Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms
Major organ/bone marrow transplant
Open heart replacement or repair of heart valves
Multiple sclerosis with persisting symptoms
Permanent paralysis of limbs
Open chest CABG
Primary pulmonary arterial hypertension
Benign brain tumour
End-stage liver disease
Surgery of aorta
Coma of specified severity
To know details of coverage, exclusion clauses and more, talk to a Bajaj Allianz representative.
*Tax benefits are as per prevailing tax laws. Tax laws are subject to change.
For more details on the product, please read the product sales brochure and rider brochure (wherever applicable) carefully.