Top 10 Best Android Phones for First Time Users
So, you are finally taking the big step. You plan to set aside your old feature phone and get an Android device. Sounds easy? In fact, it can be quite the challenge. The problem is not the lack of choices. Rather, the sheer range of choices boggles the mind. The Android market is flooded with easy-on-the pocket, user-friendly smartphones.
The Android way
Shifting from an old feature phone to an Android smartphone is a big deal. You can still make calls and send SMSes, of course. But these are phones with internet connectivity. That means you can play games, share pictures and videos, chat with friends and family, connect to email, and even shop online.
But all these new functionalities mean that there will be a learning curve. Which phones are suitable for a first-timer? Which phones provide the best experience? Which ones have the best specs and tick all the right boxes? Time to take a look!
10 top picks
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge: This waterproof phone has a big screen and dual cameras. Get the Edge because it is user-friendly, intuitive, and a great performer.
- LeEco Le Max2: The cheapest Snapdragon smartphone in today’s market, this one has great hardware. It is a steal at Rs 11,000.
- Micromax Canvas Mega 4G: This one offers complete value for money. At Rs 6499, it is an affordable option.
- HTC 10: Excellent audio quality is its USP. A great buy for anyone who likes music on the go.
- Xiaomi Mi5: This is another user-friendly phone with a big screen and full HD screen resolution. That makes navigating easy for first-time users.
- Huawei P9: The P9 is a great option for the shutterbug. Keep clicking on its amazing camera, and uploading the photos to Facebook, Instagram, and the like.
- Huawei Honor 5X: Here is another budget phone. The large screen and powerful camera make it a good buy for an Android newbie.
- Samsung Galaxy S6: This slim and light phone has a RAM of 3GB. Multitasking is smooth and there is no lag.
- Moto G4 Plus: Good features and solid performance make this a sound option. At Rs 14,999, it is easy on your pocket as well.
- Moto X Force: The shatterproof screen is a big advantage. It also has a 30-hour battery and a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor.
Of course, these are just the tip of the Android iceberg. Shop around and do your own research before you decide on the winner. While you do that, consider your payment situation as well. Paying in equated monthly instalments (EMIs) could make life simpler.
An EMI card like the one from Bajaj Finserv lets you shop without breaking the bank. Simply buy now and pay later in EMIs over a tenure of your choosing. The card gives you pre-approved loans to fund your shopping. Besides, when you shop with an EMI card, you pay no interest or processing fees.
No EMI card yet? Just walk into one of Bajaj Finserv’s partner outlets. You will find partner retailers in more than 100 cities across the country. Meet the company representative, fill up a form, submit some documents, and get the card.
If you have the time, get an EMI card before the Super EMI Festival begins. Then, from 9th December to 19th December, you can avail the lowest EMI deals on Android smartphones. Swipe your EMI card at the counter to complete the transaction.
Get in touch with the Bajaj Finance representative at the partner outlet if you do not have an EMI card by then. They could help you get instant approval for EMI financing. Then you could walk away with a brand new smartphone in your pocket.