Top 5 family health insurance plans
Opting for the best family health insurance plan in India requires a detailed analysis of all the available options. To help you out, here’s a look at the top 5 family policies.
The cost of medicines, as well as healthcare, is rising exponentially. Due to this, it has become even more important to make prudent financial decisions to cover your and your family’s health needs. The first step in this direction is to have a secure health insurance plan.
Before you select one, take a look at the major elements that define any health insurance policy.
Below are some of the factors that you need to consider while selecting a health insurance policy:
– Maximum age
– Hospital network
– Waiting period
– Types of cover
Now, take a look at the top 5 family health insurance plans that cover these parameters.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance:
- The sum insured under this policy can range from Rs.1.5 lakh to Rs.50 lakh. It has cashless facility more than 5700 hospitals in its network.
- It usually covers pre- and post- hospitalization, ambulance services, and day care procedures.
- Furthermore, it offers you a life-long renewal option and 24/7 call assistance for claim settlement.
Religare Health Insurance:
- This insurance policy offers coverage that starts at Rs.5 lakh and goes up to Rs.40 lakh.
- Depending on the plan you select, you will be eligible for comprehensive cover, medical cover, and more.
- Usually, it covers expenses such as room rent at a hospital, ICU charges, ambulance charges, and organ transplant charges.
- Apollo Munich offers health insurance policies that range from Rs.3 lakh to Rs.50 lakh. Depending your budget and your requirements, you’re sure to find a policy that fits.
- The plan provides for 6 members at the most and covers health check-ups, pre- and post-hospitalisation costs as well as room rent.
Max Bupa Health Companion:
- This insurance policy varies from Rs.2 to Rs.4 lakh. It lets you avail discounts on premiums after 2 years of the policy period are up.
- The Max Bupa Health Companion also gives you a daily cash allowance of Rs.1,000 in cases of hospitalisation. This is over and above the pre- and post-hospitalisation coverage.
- Furthermore, you can enjoy extra covers such as medical cover, free health check-ups, and direct claim settlement. It also offers income tax benefits and assured policy renewal for life.
ICICI Lombard Complete Health:
- The insurance options in this policy range from Rs.2 lakh to Rs.10 lakh. The period of this policy ranges from 1-2 years. This is a good option for first-time policyholders or those who can’t invest a large sum of money. Moreover, it provides medical coverage across a network of over 4,500 hospitals.
- This insurance covers nursing expenses, ICU expenses, doctor and surgeon expenses, anaesthesia, OT specified day care treatment, pre-existing diseases, yearly health check-ups and other in-patient hospitalisation expenses such as rent and transplant costs.
No matter which policy you choose, you must be certain that it provides coverage for all the expenses that you foresee. A good way to buy an insurance policy is to compare policies provided by various insurers. This way you will be able to pick one that offers the best value for the money you’re spending. Don’t have a health insurance policy yet, click here for more.