Want A Modular Kitchen In Less Than Rs.10 Lakh? Here’s How To Go About It!
The kitchen requires time and effort in order to be set up appropriately.. New kitchen designs and techniques are aplenty, but they come at a significant investment. Today, a standard modular kitchen will easily amount to Rs.10 lakh and above. The key to making the most of your modular kitchen is to select the best designs, a proper layout, and the ideal fixtures.
Here’s a 3-step guide to beginning the process of developing a modular kitchen:
- Decide your budget
- Think about the design according to the layout of your house
- Finalize the material to use
After choosing your budget, do some preliminary research on the various modular concepts available nowadays. Visiting furniture stores or boutiques in person or online can help you get a clearer picture of the quality, design, size, etc. that you desire, which in turn will help you narrow down on the design and layout suitable for your needs.
The Process of Selecting a Modular Kitchen
Here are a few tips on how you should go about deciding upon an ideal kitchen:
- The first step is to consider whether you want to buy a ready-made modular kitchen structure from any store, or undertake a DIY (do-it-yourself) project. The DIY option will not only help you utilize all available space, but also cost less. With a little resourcefulness and creativity, you can design a nice DIY modular kitchen for Rs.5 lakh.
- Choose the right quality of products or materials to be used. Teakwood is generally expensive, with a one cubic foot plank amounting to Rs.1550; making cabinets out of it will be both costly and high-maintenance. Instead, you could opt for laminated wood, which is light and durable. Also, it is easy to clean and comes in various colours that will enhance the look of your kitchen.
- For the kitchen, it is best to go for either contrast colours or shaded hues, as too much wood work and splotchy colours can create chaos. You can use shades of white and grey, red and white, or grey and blue to keep it classy and elegant.
- Think in terms of utility and design. Try to create your kitchen in a way that makes use of all the space. Go for long slabs of material and experiment with an “L-shaped” design. Marble will cost you Rs.250 per square foot so be careful while selecting it, choosing it only if your budget permits. Italian marble is the most preferred type; however, another option is granite, which is a popular material as it is Rs.140 per square foot and comes in great designs and colours.
- When it comes to shelves, use channels and small tray drawers. Channel drawers and sliding drawers are very effective in storing all your cutlery and kitchen equipment. A single set of basic modular kitchen sliding drawers will cost Rs.65000.
- Efficient utilisation of space is the key to creating an effective modular kitchen. If you see some space beside the fridge, the kitchen cabinet or the side of the chimney, try building long shelves with rotating options made of steel or aluminium to give it a modern look. A nice modular kitchen cabinet starts from Rs.100000 onwards.
- Work on the lighting. Go for small LED lights, and fit them inside the doors and drawers for flair and utility. You can give your kitchen a whole new look for around Rs.50000.
- The chimney is one of the most important components of a kitchen. If you wish to buy a standard quality modular kitchen chimney, it will amount to Rs.31000.
- The last thing to do is to equip your modular kitchen with the right electronics—be it a food processor, air fryer, coffee machine, microwave, steamer, rice cooker, etc. Choose all electronics in the same shade to keep the look stylish.
Planning an ideal modular kitchen in keeping with your overall home design can be an expensive affair, with standard quality kitchens costing around Rs.7 lakh to Rs.10 lakh. Additionally, if you are repaying a home loan, the total expenditure might get a bit out of hand. In this case, a very popular option these days is going for a home loan balance transfer. With Bajaj Finserv, for example, you can reduce your EMIs with lower interest on your home loan, avail advantages like a 3 EMI holiday, and even apply for a convenient Top Up Loan. This loan is offered in addition to your home loan at low rates of interest and over a long tenor to facilitate your perfect modular kitchen!